FCCS - Fundamental Critical Care Support - for doctors
Thank you for your interest in the FCCS / FCCN training program.
FCCS - Fundamental Critical Care Support - for doctors and
FCCN - Fundamental Critical Care Nursing - are courses designed by
Society of Critical Care Medicine, USA.
In India, it is conducted by the Indian Society of Critical Care
Medicine - ISCCM.
The course topics include
1) Recognition and assessment of the seriously ill patient
2) Airway management
3) Cardiopulmonary cerebral resuscitation
4) Diagnosis and management of acute respiratory failure
5) Mechanical ventilation
6) Monitoring blood flow, oxygenation and acid base status
7) diagnosis and management of shock
8) neurologic, trauma and burn support
9) acute coronary syndromes
10) life threatening infections: diagnosis and antimicrobial therapy selection
11) management of life threatening electrolyte and metabolic disturbances
12) critical care in pregnancy, infants and children
Discussions and hands on training on dummies are scheduled on the
a) medical emergency teams,
b) endotracheal intubation, airway adjuncts,
c) advanced life support algorithms, defibrillation/ cardioversion,
d) intra-osseous needle insertion, temporary transcutaneous cardiac
e) arterial catheterization, central venous catheter insertion,
f) brain death and organ donation,
g) unfractionated heparin anticoagulation,
h) short ACTH stimulation test, thromboprophylaxis for venous thromboembolism
i) mechanical ventilators, ventilator alarm management
Thiscourse is a must for doctors working in emergency department/
casualty or the intensive care units and also for those interested in
pursuing a career in critical
SCCM will periodically conduct detailed two day workshops on each of
the above mentioned topics. These workshops can further fine tune your
critical care skills.
The course material will be sent to you as soon as your registration
formalities are completed.
Please find attached the brochures.
Hoping to see you soon,
Dr. M Shafiq ( 96 45 23 13 29 )
NB. Registration charge for FCCN is Rs 2500/-
Registration closes on May 1st.
Total Seats 40.
Posted on 15-04-2011