Posted on 09 Jul 2014
Minutes of the meeting of Formation of IACC Odisha Chapter
Board Meeting Minutes
INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL CARDIOLOGISTS (ODISHA)
(Board Meeting Minutes: 22nd June 2014)
11 AM, JUPITER CONFERENCE HALL, SURYANSH HOTEL, BHUBANESHWAR, ODISHA
Present: Dr Arun Ramrao More (National Executive of Indian Association of Clinical Cardiologists)
1) Dr.Asim Mohanty
2) Dr.Shatakhi Malakar
3) Dr.Reetu Mishra
4) Dr.Indira Panda
5) Dr.Pravanjan Mohapatra
6) Dr.Pritam Mohanty
7) Dr.Bishnu Mishra
8) Dr.Pradeep K.Dash
9) Dr.Punam Hawlader
11) Dr.Sandeep Mohanty
12) Dr.Mridul Sinha Mahapatra
13) Dr.Debabrata Bhunia
15) Dr Y J K Reddy
Quorum present? Yes
· Meeting called to order at 11a.m. by Chair, Dr. Arun More
PRESIDENT :- Dr.Y J K Reddy
VICEPRESIDENT :- Dr.Asim Mohanty
VICE PRESIDENT :- Dr.Reetu Mishra
SECRETARY :- Dr.Shatakhi Malakar
JOINT SECRETARY:- Dr.Pravanjan Mohapatra
JOINT SECRETARY :- Dr.Pritam Mohanty
TREASURER :- Dr.Indira Panda
ASST TREASURER:- Dr.P.C.Panda
EXECUTIVE MEMBER:-Dr.Bishnu P.Mishra
EXECUTIVE MEMBER:- Dr.Sandeep
EXECUTIVE MEMBER:- Dr.Punam Hawlader
EXECUTIVE MEMBER:- Dr.Debabrata Bhunia
Term of the Office: 2 years
Meeting decided the following:
1. Evaluation of the association activities:
The association decided to take initiative in reaching out to the community services and serving the people at large.
Conducting camps or activities that cater to the community at large and publishing as well as highlighting the work done by us in the social media.
Not to get into conflicts with the other practicing cardiologists and physicians or any doctor thereof rather silently concentrating on the work
While rendering service at locality or in any hospital- to use the designation of “consultant noninvasive cardiology” or “clinical cardiologist” instead of the widely used terminology “consultant cardiologist” and to use the name ”PGDCC” for degree instead of “Dip.card”
Fellowship training in interventional cardiology for interested and eligible the PGDCC fellows.
2. Approaching the state government:
It was decided that the PGDCC’S do approach to the State Medical Council for registration of their degrees and come out with a feedback from the State Medical Council authorities regarding the said purpose.
To approach Odisha State Govenrment for appointment as Clinical Cardiologists at District hospitals.
3. Activities to be done to support the cause for our recognition :
To do selfless and dedicated service at our respective places of work so that it comes to the notice of the public and relevant authorities.
Not to get into conflict with the other cardiologists or doctors of the state
4. Recognition :
To maintain a record of all the activities and contribution that we as Clinical Cardiologists are doing towards the state and the nation at large and then approach the health authorities for the recognition
Write to local newspapers and health journals articles related to our subject and mentioning our name as well as the degree “PGDCC” there alongwith it.
5.Attending the Annual conference :
6. Unanimoulsy decision was taken to make Dr M P Tripathi as Chief Patron of IACC Odisha chapter and it was decided to recommend his name for IACC patron at national level.
7. Present members also decided to come up with idea of Rural Dispensaries for deserving rural cardiac patients.
8. Discussion was held to co operate and seek help of interventional cardiologists for effective management of our patients.
9. Discussion was held and there was a suggestion to form a central data system and all members should be given a unique identity number by Central IACC.
10. Central IACC received another good request to start a News Letter for PGDCC doctors.
11.The members in the meeting decided to attend the annual conference scheduled to be held at Ooty in 2014
12. Besides, a proposal for the zonal conference is planned to be conducted in the month January 2015.
Questionnaire prepared by IACC in view of data collection was filled by 12 doctors.
IACC congratulated Dr Pradeep Dash for his selection for DM Cardiology, he has finished his DNB Medicine before doing PGDCC , he commented that persuing PGDCC has helped him to get DM Cardiology easily.
Meeting concluded at 1 pm.
Minutes submitted by Dr Arun R More, National Executive, IACC.
Approved by National IACC
Officially approved Email of the chapter : firstname.lastname@example.org
With Best Regards
National President IACC
Dr Mohammed Shafiq
Hon.National General Secretary IACC